Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Cracked by the Brazilians

From: spenneb () UNI-MUENSTER DE (Ralf Spenneberg)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 08:00:17 +0200

Hi!

Are you sure that your bind is just listening to the private ethernet card?
The ADMROCKS Attack is quite famous. There were at least three
vulnerabilities in bind 8.2 last year. They might not have made it to to 6.0
updates directory, because 6.1 was the active distribution. And yes, that
one had several bind updates.

Cheers,

Ralf