Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Looking for program to analyze logs (CMDS from ODS)

From: rgula () SECURITYWIZARDS COM (Ron Gula)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 08:13:06 -0800

At 08:52 AM 3/21/00 -0600, you wrote:
Reviewing your messages and seeing the traffic I am working with, I have
surmised that you have some pretty decent tools to work with.  Our PIX
produces about 500mb of logs a day which means I might as well not have
logging since there is no way I can review this amount of data myself.
Would you please recommend an analyzing tool to break out the important or
at least likely important information from the logs?

Sincerely,

Lindsay Mieth

Check out CMDS from ODS. It can help analyze PIX logs.

Ron Gula, CTO
Network Security Wizards