Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Increase in activity from China

From: bonk () WEBCHAT CHATSYSTEMS COM (bonk () WEBCHAT CHATSYSTEMS COM)
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 01:18:25 -0500

On Tue, 30 May 2000, Bill Pennington wrote:

Has anyone else noticed a dramatic increase in network scans originating
from China based IPs? It seems like the day the normalized trade
relations bill passed the house, I started getting scans from China.
Before I had not noticed any scans from China. Does anyone have a good
contact to report China based probes?
--

From my understanding, *tw also has some of the same A & B blocks.  Mind
you, I've not not looked them up but I think that's an accurate statement.

Bill Pennington
Senior IT Manager
Rocketcash
billp () rocketcash com
http://www.rocketcash.com

Travis
AKA BONK
Email: Bonk () Undernet Org | Bonk () Wildstar Net