Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Korea (was RE: ?)

From: patrick () PINE NL (Patrick Oonk)
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 22:15:51 +0100

On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 04:02:33PM -0500, Dug Song wrote:

and just a suggestion, but you may want to raise your alert threshold -
and if a forgeable TCP SYN portscan is enough to raise your hackles on a
public mailing list, you'll be tearing your hair out when a single script
kid goes at you with nmap -D...

Actually I don't bother at all, but after checking out
the offending hosts it was clear they were hijacked
and used as an attack base. As such they are a menace
to the net as a whole. I also found it said for they owners
but they don't seem to care.

        Patrick

--
 Patrick Oonk - PO1-6BONE - patrick () pine nl - www.pine.nl/~patrick
 Pine Internet B.V.      PINE31337-RIPE        PGP key ID BE7497F1