Security Incidents mailing list archives

Strange behaviour

From: garion () RIVA 2Y NET (Belgarion of Riva)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 08:39:41 +0000

Hi all,

I've seen two different attempts. all in the last 2 days, of tcp
connection attempts to port 2766. One came from the domain of Exodus.net,
and the other came from cyberus Online in Canada. Anyone any information
on these ports? They were blocked by my firewall, but I generally ignore
most indivigual probes unless I don't recognise them..

Regards,
Anthony Kehoe

Garion turns, shimmers into a wolf, and lopes away...

    'Oh, Garion,' she laughed, 'I love you.'
    'Yes,' he said. 'I know.'
    She gave him an exasperated look and then punched him in the shoulder with
her little fist.
    'Ouch.'
    'Did I hurt you?' she asked, taking his arm in sudden concern.
    'I think I can stand it, dear,' he replied. 'We noble heroes can bear all
sorts of things.'