Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Ping flood? Whats the point?

From: genex69 () HOTMAIL COM (Andy David)
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 20:00:33 CST

I have also experienced this sort of attack.  I figured it to be a modified
version of stream.c.  The only way I was able to make anysense of the flood
was that my firewall saved some packets....well alot in this case.  The ip's
of course were spoofed, but the only way I was really able to tell was after
decoding some of the packets my firewall captured (from different ip's) I
found that the senders MAC address was identical throughout the entire
attack.