Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Ping flood? Whats the point?

From: shetomv () PACBELL NET (Thomas Vincent)
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 09:33:17 -0800

Fromwhat I understand, the massive distributed denial of service attack
yesterday was the by product of ISP's,  Universities , and other
organizations not filtering the packets from there internal networks.

It will probably take Yahoo, CNN, Buy.com, eBay, and Amazon collectively
standing up and raising a ruckus to get organizations to filter there
networks.

Cheers,
Tom Vincent

on 2/08/00 5:45 PM, Filip M. Gieszczykiewicz at filipg () CORONA EPS PITT EDU