Security Incidents mailing list archives

Received message from Russian hackers

From: dmeissner () PUNCHNETWORKS COM (David Meissner)
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 08:42:37 -0800

I received an e-mail message that claims to be from Russian hackers who have
stolen information from a variety of databases. I thought I might see
something about it on this mailing list, but since I haven't heard anything
I am posting a copy of the message (see below). The message includes a web
site address; I took a look (with Javascript disabled) but didn't see what
they were referring to (although I couldn't read the Russian anyway).

Has anyone else received a similar message?

David Meissner

text follows (some editing of headers)

myisp.com (8.9.3/8.9.3) with SMTP id HAA06807 for <dm () myisp com>; Mon, 21
Feb 2000 07:23:17 -0800 (PST)