Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: New to this and need help plz!!

From: "Blake R. Swopes" <bhodi () BIGFOOT COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 22:43:01 -0800

Are you running a frontpage/webhosting server for these customers to post
to? It could be legit traffic, it could be a mistake, or it could be an
information gathering attack. In any case, it probably wouldn't hurt for
someone at your company to contact the admin to try to find out what's going
on.

Just be careful how its handled... you don't want to go accusing them of
trying to crack your web server if it's just someone who doesn't know the
difference between IE and Frontpage (hmm... probably someone in marketing).