Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: DOS From "inktomi.com"?

From: Bryan Andersen <bryan () visi com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 18:55:59 -0500

"Vonelm, William J" wrote:

Hello all,
  We've just had one of our web servers pummeled into the ground by repeated
cgi requests from what appears to be a web-crawler from "inktomi.com".  Has
anybody else experienced this?  Is it some kind of malicious web Denial of
Service attack or just a poorly constructed web crawler?

It's a bad web crawler.  Complain to them.  http://www.inktomi.com and
follow their contacts page.  I've had my link saturated by them a couple
of times.

--
|  Bryan Andersen   |   bryan () visi com   |   http://softail.visi.com   |
| Buzzwords are like annoying little flies that deserve to be swatted. |