Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: rooted by r0x - from address 212.177.241.127

From: slam () ONEMAIN COM (- -)
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 19:37:31 -0400

I don't think a lame server would be a very good indication of an NXT attempt.  Certainly it does say this if you have
been compromised but it could say that 15 other times that day because some people don't configure things properly.  I
assume that a seasoned hacker would most likely use "DIG" or some other probe to find the version of bind they are
looking for.

Any other thoughts?

Adam Skulker.