Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: volunteers for sharing honeyd sensor data

From: Marc Dacier <marc.dacier () eurecom fr>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 08:53:28 +0200

Niels,
we do use honeyd and we do collect data from around 30 different places in the world, located in 20 different countries. The codename of the project is "leurré.com". Anyone is free to join and you, as others, are mostly welcome :-)

Partners get access to the whole set of data collected since the very beginning (ie 2 years ago) and this includes all packets sent to or from the honeypots. A more user friendly access is, of course, possible through a secure graphical interface to query an SQL database.

Due to legal issues, we are unfortunately not in a position to make the DB available to people who have not, first, signed a NDA that protects the identity of the members.

Feel free to contact me for further info and/or to participate.

You can find all publications related to this project on the following web page:
http://www.eurecom.fr/~pouget/papers.htm

I hope this helps,
Marc