Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: honeynet tools

From: "Olivier Laurent" <oli () aragne com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 18:56:39 +0100

On jeu, 02 déc 2004, at 10:03, Ensz, Sean A. wrote:

Hi All,

During Lance Spitzner's excellent SANS webcast yesterday he mentioned a
new version of honeyd that uses a web interface for analysis and
configuration and I am curious if anyone knows when that will be
released? Is it possible to become a beta tester for honeyd?

Knowing that sometimes new versions of open source tools making there
way around the community before they are released to the public I did
some more research and came across a presentation by Edward Balas
(www.dfrws.org). Edward mentioned two tools that I would also like to
beta test and possible contribute to; they are hflow and walleye. Does
anyone have any further information they can provide regarding these
analysis tools?

Don't know if that's what you are seaching but there is a Zope Web
interface to honeyd. It's called "Honeyd Control Center":
  http://zope.org/Members/Ioan/HoneydCenter

They say there is a configuration wizard, an SQL interface and a set of
reports.

--
Olivier Laurent.
P3B    : Club Python(-Zope) Belge ---------- http://www.p3b.org