Honeypots mailing list archives

honeynet tools

From: "Ensz, Sean A." <ensz () ou edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:03:39 -0600

Hi All,

During Lance Spitzner's excellent SANS webcast yesterday he mentioned a
new version of honeyd that uses a web interface for analysis and
configuration and I am curious if anyone knows when that will be
released? Is it possible to become a beta tester for honeyd?

Knowing that sometimes new versions of open source tools making there
way around the community before they are released to the public I did
some more research and came across a presentation by Edward Balas
(www.dfrws.org). Edward mentioned two tools that I would also like to
beta test and possible contribute to; they are hflow and walleye. Does
anyone have any further information they can provide regarding these
analysis tools?

Thanks!

---
Sean Ensz, (CISSP), GSEC