Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: HoneyPot Tools

From: "Andy Cuff" <talisker () securitywizardry com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 17:19:21 +0100

Hi Ponder,
Great idea to split them up though how about a slight change in the
definitions

Low interaction
no services/ simulated response

Medium Interaction
Virtual Services (ie detectable to the more advanced attacker)

High Interaction (HI)
Tools to help control and log output from compromised HI honeypots, as I see
a high interaction as a fully fledged host in it's own right.

c'mon Lance it's not like you to remain silent.  In fact I've witnessed
Lance when he's lost his voice, it was really spooky ;o)

thoughts from the list on categorising the interaction of honeypots??

I'll summarise the magnificent response early next week, but for now I'm
getting the evil eye from my other half because I brought all my servers in
from the garden shed to her lovely dining room.

take care
-andy

Talisker Security Tools Directory
http://www.securitywizardry.com