Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: HoneyPot Tools

From: Javier Fernandez-Sanguino <jfernandez () germinus com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 19:02:18 +0200

Andy Cuff wrote:

Hey!
I thought it was about time I updated the site with a variety of
Honeypots some kind individuals have told me about.  Having just returned
from a 6 week adventure with the Navy (no comment) the site is out of
date.  Therefore I'd appreciate being told of any other honeypots that I was
missing, the ones I have so far are:

I think the list does not include "Tiny honeypot" which, to me, is a quite useful and simple honeypot system:
http://www.alpinista.org/thp/
and
http://freshmeat.net/projects/thp/

Y packaged it a while back for Debian and have been fixing some bugs and adding some enhancements to it:
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/admin/tinyhoneypot
(the patches should be quite easy to use in a non-Debian system)

Regards

Javi