Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: Heisenberg in the honeypot

From: "Chuck Fullerton" <chuckf69 () ceinetworks com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:38:32 -0400

This principle is flawed.  If you apply this principle to a different
subject as well, let say, police sting operations, Then this would become a
valid defense effectivly making All Sting operations Illegal.

The point of a Honeypot is that you make it look as real as possible.  That
way the Cracker doesn't know its a honeypot.  The more we have out here on
the Internet the safer everyone will be because there is a greater chance of
them getting caught.

Chuck Fullerton