Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: Does it really take so long to get a bite?

From: Adam Graham <adam () commercialcoating com>
Date: 10 Dec 2002 09:54:46 -0600

in college we set up a honey pot... and to our dismay no one broke into
it... so we decided to SSH in to the box, run BitchX IRC client.. Went
to EFNET.. and went into a script kiddie room and told them that they
cant do anything, and called them names... With in about 20 min we had
some logs full of stuff.. took us a week to look over what we had (didnt
want the logs to get in the way of a killer graduation party)..

just my 2 cents worth