funsec mailing list archives

Re: Peeple

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 13:45:57 -0700

Inquiring minds want to know:

Do they do any checking on the phone numbers?  Can I create an "account" for
someone just by putting in a random phone number?  Can you use someone's work
number?  Do they do any sanity checking?  Can I create someone with a 555
number?  Do they accept international phone numbers?  How do they deal with
Americans who know nothing about international phone number formats?

How hard would it be to mount a major cyberbullying campaign against the
founders of the system?

So far they are pushing babysitting and teaching, but how hard would it be to create
other categories on the system?  Could you create a "generally-really-nasty-
person" category and then rate people highly on that?  Do they have any checks
that would prevent you from using "bad words" to create new categories?

Can you post pictures?  Video?  Fake ones?  Are they checking for copyright
violations?

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
The truth is like a lion.  You dont have to defend it.  Let it
loose.  It will defend itself.                       - St. Augustine
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade