funsec mailing list archives

Re: US capitol not in US, according to TSA

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 23:47:58 -0400

On Thu, 17 Jul 2014 23:23:37 -0400, Bill Terwilliger said:

The comment about smart people being involved is a bit presumptive.
Geography knowledge may or may not be an indicator of intelligence but I
somehow doubt that lack of it is an indicator of stupidity.

OK. I admit *I* don't know what a DC driver's license looks like either.

But give me a *break*:

  When Gray handed the man his driver's license the agent demanded to see Gray's
  passport.
  Gray told the agent he wasn't carrying his passport and asked why he needed it.
  The agent said he didn't recognize the license.
  Gray said he asked the agent if he knew what the District of Columbia is, and
  after a brief conversation Gray realized the man did not know.

OK?  The TSA guy *did not understand that DC is part of the US*.

Which means the TSA's vetting process for employees is so weak that they'll
hire *people who don't know where the fuck the capital of their own country is*.

Now think *real* hard - would *you* hire a security guard who didn't even
understand that Washington DC is our nation's capital?