funsec mailing list archives

Explosive breast implants

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 14:59:43 -0700

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/Blog/2013/08/16/Explosive-breast-implants-are-
now-a-terror-threat/4521376677949

Not much detail here, but I'm calling bullshit.  Or, at least, irrelevance.

Yes, I suppose you could put a few ounces of a liquid or gel explosive into a breast
implant, but how would you set it off?  Without wires coming out of the skin,
large radio receivers and batteries (which would leave less room for explosives), or
huge radio transmitters that would look kind of suspicious.  ("No, really, Mr. TSA
agent, my cell phone has to have this car battery to operate.")

If you were going to go that route, it would be a lot easier to have abdominal
surgery, and go for the gut, where any person as obese as I am could carry twenty
pounds of explosives with no problem at all.  And the surgery could be passed off
as gall bladder, appendix, hernia repair, stomach banding, or any number of others.
 You could probably liposuction fat and replace it with explosives.  (Yeah, it would
look terrible and probably get infected quickly, but what would a suicide bomber
care?)  With anyone over 50, you could even insert a detonation switch that
looked like a pacemaker.

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
I walked until midnight in the storm, then I went home and took a
sauna for an hour and a half. It was all clear. I listened to my
heart and saw if there were any signs of my destiny in the sky,
and there were none - there were just snowflakes.
               - Pierre Elliott Trudeau recounting a `walk in the
snow' at a news conference announcing his resignation, Feb. 29, 1984
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade