funsec mailing list archives

Re: "Zuck" mail?

From: security curmudgeon <jericho () attrition org>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 14:26:48 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:

: On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 06:34:08 EST, Rich Kulawiec said:
:
: > Slightly more seriously: there is no substantive difference between any
: > of these other than their tactics.
:
: I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then.  Somehow, I think when you
: conflate Facebook's sending overenthusiastic invite reminders from their own
: servers and people running botnets to advertise kiddie-porn sites, and call

I have been using this e-mail address for around 10 years, and I cannot
recall getting a single spam e-mail advertising kiddie-porn sites in that
time. I get around 3,500 mails making up 50 megs of spam every two weeks
these days, certainly a bit less early on.

Any other examples to compare to 'Zuck's spam' Valdis?