funsec mailing list archives

Re: "Zuck" mail?

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 07:15:23 -0500

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 06:34:08 EST, Rich Kulawiec said:

Slightly more seriously: there is no substantive difference between any
of these other than their tactics.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then.  Somehow, I think when you
conflate Facebook's sending overenthusiastic invite reminders from their own
servers and people running botnets to advertise kiddie-porn sites, and call
them equally evil, you lose credibility because you've crossed the line from
anti-spam zealot into kook territory.  Sort of saying there's no substantive
difference between Jeff Dahlmer and some teen that steals a car, because
they both committed felonies.