funsec mailing list archives

Re: big hit on US coming?

From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 13:51:13 -0500

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 11:26:01AM -0500, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:
In fact, I can't recall hearing *any* plots that have been discovered
and stopped by the TSA - they seem to be unable to do anything except
find 10% of the people who have accidentally brought a knife with them.

You may not be able to recall hearing that because:

        Whether Or Not The TSA Has Ever Caught A Terrorist Is Apparently A State Secret

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20101119/18284511954/whether-not-tsa-has-ever-caught-terrorist-is-apparently-state-secret.shtml

My guess is that *if* they have, it was because the terrorist in
question was even stupider than they are.  Anyway, they're not
doing so well on the accidental knife front either:

        Adam Savage: TSA saw my junk, missed 12" razor blades
        http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2010/11/adam-savage-tsa-saw-my-junk-missed-12-razor-blades.ars

---rsk