funsec mailing list archives

Re: Don't tell me you weren't all thinking that anyhow.. :)

From: Danny McPherson <danny () tcb net>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 05:51:47 -0500

I actually like the end of the text above the cartoon:

"But is groping every man, woman, and child really the smartest way to
combat this threat, or is it simply another way of avoiding the use of
logical profiling measures to focus on who the most likely terrorists
are?

Homeland Security needs to reject political correctness and start
treating terror seriously... instead of just a ballgame."

Only in airports and on the Internet do we treat everyone as if they are
a criminal, as opposed to finding, and locking up, the criminals.

One might observe that if profiling were employed in such a manner, it
would simply add a layer of indirection that encourages terrorists to
employ third parties more often (e.g., hold your kid hostage until you
carry X on a plane).

-danny