funsec mailing list archives

Re: Don't tell me you weren't all thinking that anyhow.. :)

From: Joel Esler <joel.esler () me com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 19:07:01 -0500

Actually in both places we treat everyone as if they are stupid and then when they prove themselves not to be stupid,
we treat them with suspicion.

--
Sent from my iPad

On Nov 17, 2010, at 3:54 PM, der Mouse <mouse () rodents-montreal org> wrote:

Only in airports and on the Internet do we treat everyone as if they
are a criminal, as opposed to finding, and locking up, the criminals.

I think that on the net we treat everyone as if nobody were a criminal,
which would perhaps be fine if it were a bit closer to true.  (So much
stuff happens online that's ignored because it's "just" online....)

To be fair, it's a new environment, with its law still in its infancy,
only greatly complicated by the overlap with geographically-based law
(see my blah post of 2009-09-08).

/~\ The ASCII                  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
X  Against HTML        mouse () rodents-montreal org
/ \ Email!         7D C8 61 52 5D E7 2D 39  4E F1 31 3E E8 B3 27 4B