funsec mailing list archives

Re: The Random Information Age

From: Don Blumenthal <dmblumenthal () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 10:37:13 -0400

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 10:57 PM,  <chris () blask org> wrote:

The shape of information flow is yet to be determined in this age, but it has certainly become more difficult to
monopolize.  I have yet to see evidence that Wikipedia (for example) is less accurate and authoritative than a
store-bought encyclopedia.
========

That may be true. I won't permit my students to cite Wikipedia in
their papers but then explain that I'm not a Luddite. Print
encyclopedias weren't acceptable as sources in academic research when
I was in school.

Don
--
Don M. Blumenthal
DMB Associates, LLC (and for purposes of this message, adjunct at U