funsec mailing list archives

Re: The Random Information Age

From: chris () blask org
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 20:06:20 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Thu, 5/13/10, Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah <rMslade () shaw ca> wrote:

I believe this is true.  That's why I haven't used a
store-boughten encyclopedia in  decades.

My parents bought an encyclopedia set when my brother and I were young (in installments, remember that?) and as the
years went by I would read things out of it and ask my Dad about them.  After a while it became more common to hear:
"Well, when that was written that was what we thought, but since then we've discovered that actually..."

-chris