funsec mailing list archives

Re: vulnerability overstatement

From: Juha-Matti Laurio <juha-matti.laurio () netti fi>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 22:07:53 +0200 (EET)

Yes, eight issues:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms10-002.mspx

Juha-Matti

Larry Seltzer [larry () larryseltzer com] kirjoitti:
BTW, the severity ratings in Microsoft's advance advisory seemed weird
to me; almost everything was critical, even those platforms with real
mitigations, so I asked them.

The answer is that the Aurora bug isn't the only one being patched
tomorrow. Eight vulnerabilities will be patched.

Larry Seltzer
Contributing Editor, PC Magazine
larry_seltzer () ziffdavis com
http://blogs.pcmag.com/securitywatch/