funsec mailing list archives

Re: vulnerability overstatement

From: "Thomas Raef" <TRaef () wewatchyourwebsite com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 16:18:51 -0600

FUD: Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt (unless you're a hacker then FUD is Fully
UnDetectable)

I admit that in my early days of marketing security services I thought I
would rely on the emotional buying factor of fear, but quickly realized
that FUD is a dud and you can't scare someone into buying.

There is a company that offers website vulnerability scanning that still
tries to operate on FUD and they're having a hard time convincing people
to buy their services but every time I see something from them, it's all
about FUD.

For those of you wordsmiths, my last name spelled backwards is fear. J

Thomas J. Raef

e-Based Security <http://www.ebasedsecurity.com/>

"You're either hardened or you're hacked!"

We Watch Your Website <http://www.wewatchyourwebsite.com/>

"We Watch Your Website - so you don't have to."