funsec mailing list archives

Re: Family tech support

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 21:51:01 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009, Robert Portvliet wrote:

I'm afraid would & will are two different things, both my girlfriend &
my mother are able to use Ubuntu with no problems & I do agree that it
is a very easy distro to use.

However, when I was shopping for a eeepc I saw quite a few posts
saying 'don't get $xmodel it has Linux on it!'... I'm sure almost all
users could easily use Gnome, the problem is getting them to try
something new.

No problem here. I just tell them it's yet another new version of windows
(with a small w).