funsec mailing list archives

New! From the makers of the tin-foil hat!

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 16:17:54 -0800

OK, I've seen these things online.  But yesterday I got one in my postal junk mail.

This one is called "Bioprotector."  (With the little "R" in the circle.)  It reduces
radiation from cell phones and other wireless devices.  It protects you from
electromagnetic radiation (like sunlight).  (Aka EMR.)

It "protects your children."  It's "scientifically proven."

It comes in three sizes: laptop (aka "Large"), PDA (aka "Personal"), and
cellphone.  It has "an unlimited lifespan."  (Hey, it's a faraday cage built into a
bag.  Since when do either have a lifespan?)  I'm not sure how you are supposed to
use your laptop or PDA inside a bag, but hey, what do I know?  I'm just a physicist.

The cellphone version has a little more thought to it.  It's designed as a little
pocket that the phone slips into, covering the battery housing.  This doesn't cover
the microphone or speaker on the phone, but wouldn't seem to prevent the
radiation that would be directed at your head, presuming one was concerned about
things like that.  It would attentuate the signal coming from the battery housing,
which is where most internal attennae are located.  Hmmm.

It's been tested by labs in Serbia and Slovenia.  (Also Abbotsford, Bible Belt central
for Canada.  Or, at least, the Lower Mainland.)  Tested for what is not entirely
clear.  Around here it seems to be sold exclusively in health food stores.

You can check them out at www.personalbioprotector.com

If you're willing to come and pick it up, you can have my $5 discount coupon ...

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
Rescue those being led away to death,
   hold back those being dragged to the slaughter.
Will you object, `But look, we did not know?'
   Has he who weighs the heart no understanding,
He who scans your soul no knowledge?             - Proverbs 24:11,12
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/NoticeBored http://twitter.com/rslade