funsec mailing list archives

Re: truth is for Admins

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 11:15:03 +1300

chris () blask org wrote:

<<..>>
Except, of course, that generally we don't lose any actual lives in
the course of dealing with our own compromises so the tenor of our
self-pitying whining should be notably less than our automotive
peers.

Is that really any kind of an excuse for the perpetrators of what is
increasingly, and laughingly, called "software engineering" to continue
to execute the extremely crappy "art" that is still their stock-in-
trade, despite decades of "whoops, we should have seen that coming"
history?

"No-one gets killed by our shite software so it's pretty much OK".

How fabulous, darling...

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald