funsec mailing list archives

Re: threats abound for 2010 what shall we do, oh my!

From: Joel Esler <eslerj () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 08:54:50 -0500

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 8:22 PM, Paul Ferguson <fergdawgster () gmail com>wrote:

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 4:51 PM, Tomas L. Byrnes <tomb () byrneit net> wrote:

Congress is debating a law that would require licensing of Infosec
professionals:

http://datasecurityblog.wordpress.com/2009/08/28/cybersecurity-act-is-fe
deral-infosec-license-key-to-net-control/

[...]

Plus, I see this as folly, since "certifications" are a ruse, and are
certainly no evidence of capability, capacity, or expertise.

Here here.  Glad someone agrees with me.  I think certifications are not
without their merit, as it proves "at one time, during this period in time,
this person knew something.  If that information is still there, we don't
know".

If you can bootcamp a cert, it's not worth having.

--
Joel Esler | 302-223-5974 | gtalk: jesler () sourcefire com