funsec mailing list archives

Re: Chinese Students Model How to Short-Circuit the U.S. Power Grid

From: Michael Collins <mcollins () aleae com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 22:34:15 -0400

Bleah, this is what I get for not reading closely enough, the article
explicitly says "western grid".  Still, for popular edificaiton, found
the link:

http://www.eere.energy.gov/de/us_power_grids.html

This doesn't also count out regional interesting things - the upstate
NY section of the grid is actually pretty robust because of its
reliance on hydropower, as I recall.  Still, Califronia would be
interesting due to a unique combination of right-wing and left-wing
stupidity making its electrical supply particularly vulnerable, or it
was a few years ago when I last looked at it.