funsec mailing list archives

Re: Chinese Students Model How to Short-Circuit the U.S. Power Grid

From: Michael Collins <mcollins () aleae com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 22:31:14 -0400

Interesting, but I'd be a bit curious to see if it's as easy as that
(not that I want to see the whole thing go down, that is).
Historically, the US doesn't have one "Grid", but three - a minimally
interconnected eastern and western grid, and a Texan grid that's
minimally interconnected to the others.  I'll see if I can rustle up
some sources on this, I haven't looked at it for about a decade....