funsec mailing list archives

Re: global warming is b/s? nice hatchet job

From: Imri Goldberg <lorgandon () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 00:36:57 +0300

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 11:36 PM, Tomas L. Byrnes <tomb () byrneit net> wrote:

We're among the most net-literate people on the planet, and yet
we've failed to use it to maximum advantage and thus reduce our
energy consumption.

Plenty of jobs DO require going someplace, and humans are still
basically social animals, where the non-verbal, peripheral vision, cues
are more important than the literal in communication. So, 4 IEEE
meetings a year doesn't' strike me as irresponsible, and it's certainly
critical for my career.

I mostly agree with Tomas on that. I believe meeting face to face is
important if not critical for a lot of social interactions.Regarding
alternate sources of energy, I've started reading the very fascinating:

Some Energy Fundamentals: http://www.tinaja.com/glib/energfun.pdf

This document has been a very good read so far (I haven't finished reading
it yet). Highly recommended.

Cheers,
Imri.

--