funsec mailing list archives

Re: Swine flu: Twitter's power to misinform

From: quispiam lepidus <quispiam.lepidus () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 20:21:20 +1000

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 8:21 AM, Paul Ferguson <fergdawgster () gmail com> wrote:
<snip>

p.s.  Here's something a bit more useful -- a Goggle Maps mash-up that
tracks the swine flu cases:

http://googlewatch.eweek.com/content/google_maps/google_mapping_swine_flu_e
pidemic.html?kc=rss

Not sure how much faith I'd put in the Google Maps mash-up either.
Take this for example:

"AUSTRALIA Queensland
Last Updated by niman 1 hour ago

two cases of people admitted to hospital with symptoms and require
testing," said the Prime Minister of the State of Queensland, "

I'm pretty sure the Prime Minister of Queensland said no such thing as
there's no such position ;)