funsec mailing list archives

Re: NYPD Eyes Disrupting Cell Phones in Event of Terrorist Attack

From: Rob Thompson <my.security.lists () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 07:07:19 -0800

Paul Ferguson wrote:
Another brilliant idea.

Man, if this one isn't a winner, I don't know what is...

You'd think that this J/O must be consulting with the British folks that
want to remove all of the privacy from their citizens...in the name of
security, of course.

Kelly stressed the need for law enforcement to be able to disrupt cell
phone calls and other communications during an attack, pointing to threats
posed by the media when they disclose law enforcement tactics during live
coverage that can get passed back to the attackers.

You should also disable that service so that the lady that is walking
down the street and sees the terrorists fleeing can not call in and
report it.

Maybe they will disable short wave as well.  I mean hell, why not just
EMP the whole downtown core?  That will fix them ALL!

WE HAVE A WEENER!!!

[snip]

More:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/01/08/nypd-interrupt-cell-phone-servic