funsec mailing list archives

Re: Windows-based cash machines 'easily hacked'

From: "Kitsune" <kitsune () sbcglobal net>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:18:17 -0700

"can they" the ATM, reach the internet. no, I really doubt they could, as I've said before, they are XPe. One would
hope they didnt compile in IE into the runtime..

Yet by many vectors, other devices/desktops in the network can reach the internet, get "infected" and start what ever
it does to try and infect everything it can find.

The number is larger than zero. As another poster said, why make it easy?