funsec mailing list archives

Re: too beautiful not to share

From: "Dennis Henderson" <hendomatic () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 13:07:39 -0500

On 10/5/07, Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com> wrote:

On 10/5/07, Brian Loe <knobdy () gmail com> wrote:
On 10/5/07, Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com> wrote:

So, we sold Saddam "destructions"? What kind of destructions did we
sell him?

Sorry, I am a dumb ass, I mean W's :-)

Okay, with that cleared up, do you also need the difference between a
standard weapon and a weapon of MASS DESTRUCTION explained to you? A
death at a time or thousands...in case you do.

Bin Laden didnt need WMD's, just some training, money, and 4 box
cutters. Saddam didnt need WMD's to kill lots o' people.

As for the WMD's, I think we may have sold some to Saddam (ricin? or
some such) but I am not  up to date on the political BS du jour.

I'm pretty sure the US and Britain approved/sold/shipped dual use
technology, some actual germs, and some actual chemicals like VX.
Saddam used these materials and technology to produce WMDs. These were used
on Iran and the Kurds in the 80s.

Unfortunate.

But so is Clinton transferring the export license approval for restricted
technology from the State Dept to the Commerce department to ensure quick
transfer of missile guidance technology to China... who seemed to be having
trouble launching missiles at the time.... funny how these things happen.

All administrations do things that end up hurting US
security/image/reputation. Its too bad that most of the contributing members
of this list cant seem to remember the things that other administrations
did(or didnt do).

Life was just candy and nuts when other parties were in power evidently.