funsec mailing list archives

RE: WHOIS Privacy Stalemate... Again

From: "Larry Seltzer" <Larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 20:25:10 -0400

I'm in favor of accurate data being available in the WHOIS database(s)
myself.

For everyone who feels this way, does it bother you that this
information becomes easy to harvest for e-mail and postal mail spamming
and scamming? Do you have any suggestions to address that problem?

Saying I can buy a P.O. box doesn't impress me and a special e-mail box
is an even worse solution: you have to pay attention to the contents
because you can lose your domain by blowing off mail in it,  but nearly
everything in it will be spam.

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/
http://blogs.eweek.com/cheap_hack/
Contributing Editor, PC Magazine
larry.seltzer () ziffdavisenterprise com