funsec mailing list archives

Re: All Spammers Go to Hell

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 12:51:32 +1200

Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah to Dude VanWinkle:

I wonder who he sold his operation to before "going legit"

Having read the book, my strongest suspicion is that he didn't have much of an
operation ...

Reading between the lines of this story (but not of the book) I had
much the same impression.  One wonders if the reason he got out of the
business was maybe because his botnets were comandeered by some of the
more clueful of his competitors...

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald