funsec mailing list archives

Re: GSS warns that hackers can now destroy hardware

From: "B.K. DeLong" <bkdelong () pobox com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 15:48:20 -0400

No - I'm pretty sure it was confirmed that this demo was done at Idaho
National Labs. I'm not sure if you're aware of their Critical
Infrastructure research they do out there but they have a solid team.

They used to build reactors for nuclear subs back in the 80s and I
heard anecdotes of how you'd have a large group of sailors wandering
around Idaho Falls in uniform thousands of miles away from the ocean.
Apparently they buried one in the desert to do training.

Check out the fact sheets for the test bed:
http://www.inl.gov/nationalsecurity/capabilities/security/