funsec mailing list archives

Re: Re: wow - is a "shadow" politician still a politician?

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 00:10:08 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Daniel H. Renner wrote:

Drsolly wrote:
On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Brian Loe wrote:

On 9/1/07, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:

OK, I guess you can't see that 4 million murders is worse than 2 million
murders. Since that's your mindset, I'm going to abandon explaining to you
why making guns illegal is a good idea, and I'll concentrate on explaining
to you why 4 million murders is worse than 2 million.
That would be the only argument you could win - but only if you
considered it moral to lead those 2 million to their slaughter
yourself, as in to a concentration camp, defenseless. Personally I
find it equally as bad to disarm arm a person as it is to murder them
yourself.

You think that taking someone's gun away is worse than committing murder.
So, let me guess, you'd suggest the death penalty for someone who tells
you that you can't take your gun onto an airplane.

The word he used is "equally" not "worse than".  It appears you need to

You're right, my mistake. He thinks that murder is no worse than taking
away someone's gun.

There are three kinds of people in this world: sheep, wolves and
sheepdogs.
I thought there were three kinds of people, the ones who can count and the
ones who can't.
And this is why you chose the other argument to argue.

No, it's because you have urgent need of reprogramming.

Aha!  Now we know - he's a psychiatrist!  Now wonder you believe in
weakening the public!  lol!

I don't think he is a psychiatrist, just a very naughty boy.