funsec mailing list archives

Re: Re: wow - is a "shadow" politician still a politician?

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 07:32:04 -0500

On 9/1/07, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:

OK, I guess you can't see that 4 million murders is worse than 2 million
murders. Since that's your mindset, I'm going to abandon explaining to you
why making guns illegal is a good idea, and I'll concentrate on explaining
to you why 4 million murders is worse than 2 million.

That would be the only argument you could win - but only if you
considered it moral to lead those 2 million to their slaughter
yourself, as in to a concentration camp, defenseless. Personally I
find it equally as bad to disarm arm a person as it is to murder them
yourself.

There are three kinds of people in this world: sheep, wolves and
sheepdogs.

I thought there were three kinds of people, the ones who can count and the
ones who can't.

And this is why you chose the other argument to argue.