funsec mailing list archives

Re: wow - is a "shadow" politician still a politician?

From: Black Ops Security <x () blackopssec com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 23:13:11 -0500

> William Lefkovics william at emailonastick.com
> Tue Aug 28 22:57:51 CDT 2007
>
> Yes, that is what I said.
>
> I am saying managing/regulating/monitoring/whatevering computer use in
> regards to hacking is not parallel to
> managing/regulating/monitoring/whatevering firearm use in regards to
> firearm misuse.
> A solution for one does not necessarily apply to the other.

very true. one of the problems with gun control is that you have people like Elton John involved, and some of them are so ignorant and bull-headed that they want to ban all guns completely (or turn off the whole internet for 5 years).

>> btw, i don't care if hackers have access to linux.
>
> Why would you? I don't even care if they have a computer to run Linux
> as well.

well of course i don't.

i do though believe that everybody should have access to high-speed internet, quad core processors, at least 2GB of DDR2 ram ... and firearms that are capable of destroying any PC that cannot properly run Windows Vista (w/ Aero enabled of course).

> I suspect some firearms are computers.

Computers have indeed become more important for firearms design and functioning. They can both help make guns more accurate, and become just another point of failure for a computer-controlled weapon.

And now we have come full circle and can discuss the simplicity and reliability of the Smith & Wesson Model 36 revolver.

Regards,