funsec mailing list archives

Re: hehe...

From: rms () computerbytesman com
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 17:05:29 -0400 (EDT)

Another dubious honor we have is the highest prison population in the world:

   http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs2/r188.pdf

Richard

Someone here keeps feeding me these and I can't resist sharing them.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=topNews&storyID=2007-08-28T174254Z_01_L28348938_RTRUKOC_0_US-WORLD-FIREARMS.xml&pageNumber=0&imageid=&cap=&sz=13&WTModLoc=NewsArt-C1-ArticlePage2
U.S. most armed country with 90 guns per 100 people
By Laura MacInnis

GENEVA (Reuters) - The United States has 90 guns for every 100
citizens, making it the most heavily armed society in the world, a
report released on Tuesday said.
<SNIP>
France, Canada, Sweden, Austria and Germany were next, each with about
30 guns per 100 people, while many poorer countries often associated
with violence ranked much lower. Nigeria, for instance, had just one
gun per 100 people.
<SNIP>

Very interesting - especially the part about China and Russia having
ANY privately held firearms. Bad citizens! Bad!

--
Thank You,
Brian Loe