funsec mailing list archives

Re: Brit bobbies play with model airplanes while on the job

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 00:34:50 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 22 May 2007, Brian Loe wrote:

On 5/22/07, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:
On Tue, 22 May 2007, Brian Loe wrote:

On 5/22/07, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:

What?

You mean, it's OK for the police to use full-size man-carrying
helicopters, but not to use cheap toy ones?

Perhaps you'd like to explain how one is an invasion of privacy and the
other isn't?

First you'll need to fill me in on the dream you've just awakened from
then I'll do my best to analyze it for you.

What? What? Is it morning already?

What the hell are you talking about?

I'm talking about "Brit bobbies play with model airplanes while on the
job".

Okay, so what does that have to do with full-sized man-carrying choppers?

Are you referring to the current use of real helicopters? I'm not
aware of such helicopters being used for surveillance in the private
sector

Private sector? Maybe this is a language thing, but to me, "private
sector" means non-government. We could call government stuff "public
sector". The police are very much public sector, and have been using
helicopters for various purposes for a long time now.

- in the US or the UK. If they're doing so in the UK then I
guess these mini-choppers would be one hell of an improvement,
assuming their fuel is cheaper and flight times longer.