funsec mailing list archives

Re: UK: Drivers may be banned from smoking at the wheel

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 10:22:54 -0500

On 5/14/07, Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk> wrote:

And, of course, allowing notions busts your whole absolutist ethics.
You can't be an absolutist _and_ reasonable -- that's why most of us,
the "reasonable" ones, find you so repugnant for holding onto such
outdated, frankly immoral, views of what might be ethical behaviour in
a modern society...

Of all the people on this list that I disagree with you're the only
one I truly dislike. You're a bully and exhibit the social skills and
knowledge - when not discussing technologies - of a 12 year old. So,
in other words, you act like a 12 year old school yard bully. Am I
supposed to be scared of you?

And why so much hatred for me, someone you've never met and know so
very little about? Do I scare you - does my willingness to defend
myself and my loved ones offend your sense of power as a bully?

Its not ethical or moral (though I'm having a very hard time
understanding what your morals might be based on) to allow yourself or
your loved ones to be trespassed against or harmed in any way,
especially when you have the ability to defend yourself and them. Once
your bullying gets you into trouble I'm sure you'll figure it
out...but in reality I'm willing to bet that you've been in a fight
before and if so, you threw a punch.

Of course being a bully, much more often than not you throw the first punch...